Friends of the Breast-Cancer@mun.ca (FBCL) is a Florida not-for-profit corporation which has received recognition under the IRS requirements for non-taxable status. The corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, or scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The legally stated purpose of this organization is to raise funds to support Breast Cancer List members in all appropriate ways, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to List members for medical care, treatment, transportation or other.
- Aiding families of deceased List members where that need is present.
- Providing List members with brochures about the List which can be left in doctor’s offices and breast centers to increase membership and education.
- Hosting educational speakers at annual events for List members.
- Providing scholarships to List members with limited resources to attend List events and gatherings.
Board of Directors and Officers
- Naomi B Katz - President
- Jean Brugger - Vice President, Membership
- Suzanne Kiniski - Treasurer
- Suzanne Kiniski - Recording Secretary
- Bobbie Rivere - Corresponding Secretary
- Irene Brodie - Director
- Paula Campbell - Director
- Marilee Downing - Director
- Hildegarde Horvath - Recording Secretary
- Sand-i Behrens - Director
Board of Directors and Officers are elected to a one year term by members of FBCL.
FBCL has established several funds. Click below to view the details of each fund.
- The Lynn and Art Miller Community Support Fund - Provides general assistance to List members
- Ruth Wolf Memorial Scholarship Fund - Directed fund to provide financial assistance, enabling member attendance at annual List gathering
- Pete Bevin Fund - Directed fund for a List benefactor
- Maria Wetzel Memorial Travel Assistance Fund - Directed fund to provide financial assistance to List members for travel to treatment or for attendance at the annual gathering.
- Virginia Craig Memorial BCList Website Fund - Directed fund for the support of the Breast Cancer List website
Anyone may donate to FBCL. It is not necessary for the donor to be a member of FBCL, or of the BC List. FBCL will be soliciting funds from corporate and private sources both within and outside of the BC List. It is the goal of FBCL to generate enough funds through these donations to be able to support any need that arises within our Breast Cancer List Community. And remember that donations are tax deductible in the United States.
To honor or memorialize a loved one with your donation, please indicate, first, in whose name you're donating and, second, to which fund you'd like it directed (i.e., Community Support Fund, The Ruth Wolf Memorial Scholarship Fund, The Pete Bevin Fund or The Virginia Craig Memorial BC List Website Fund). You may also donate in response to a specific call for support for a member of the Breast Cancer List.
Any funds NOT so designated, will go to the Community Support Fund. If you have a question about making a donation, please feel free to email us.
Click here to use PayPal to donate to FBCL, using either a draw on your bank account, your Visa or Master Card.
You may also issue a check made payable to "FBCL" and mail it to:Luis Rodriquez, Personal Banker
Grove Bank & Trust
2701 South Bayshore Drive
Miami, Florida 33133
Please note on the memo portion of your check into which fund you wish your donation directed.
Our Promise: We will do everything within our power to raise funds to meet needs which are presented to us.